The $5,000 CAD Impact Fund is generously sponsored by Encircled.
The Encircled Impact Fund brings funding and resources to underrepresented women owned businesses that have a social purpose mission through a product based business.
Encircled takes a slow and mindful approach to sustainable fashion design, producing garments that are versatile, stylish, lightweight and focus on comfortable fabrics that travel well.
- Woman, non-binary or underrepresented gender
- Socially conscious e-commerce product based company
- Under 5 years of operations
RECIPIENT WILL RECEIVE:$5,000 CAD to allocate to any area of the business they see fit (no payback, no equity, just no strings attached, accessible funding)
Monthly mentor sessions with:
- Kristi Soomer- Manufacturing and financial management support (CEO & Founder of Encircled)
- Sheena Brady- Supply chain and operations support (CEO of Founders Fund & Tease Tea)
- Vivian Kaye- Marketing and sales support (CEO & Founder of KinkyCurlyYaki)
- Amanda Baker- Impact support (COO of Founders Fund & Tease Tea)
Bimonthly impact check ins to support:
- Tracking impact metrics
- Aligning impact to branding and marketing efforts
- Preparing for benefit corporation status (optional)
ADDITIONAL APPLICANT SUPPORT
Support Session 1: Ethos & Purpose [watch HERE] [Aug.12 recording date]
Support Session 2: Communicating Leader Capabilities [watch HERE] [Aug.19 recording date]
Support Session 3: Impact Metrics [watch HERE] [Aug.26 recording date]
Support Session 4: Video Pitching
[watch HERE] [Sept.8 recording date]
If you require language or accessibility support please connect with our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Aug.10th Applications open
Sept.11th Applications close (11:59 EST)
Sept.14- Oct.18th Selection committee scoring process underway
Oct.19-21st Recipient contacted
Nov.2-6th Recipient announced publicly + recipient featured on Founders Fund social mediaNov-April Monthly mentor check meetings
Encircled is an ethical-fashion brand on a mission to change the way women travel and live. Encircled creates modern, versatile essentials for women from earth-friendly materials that are beautifully soft, high quality and good for the planet. Encircled embraces the notion of transparency in it's entire business, in an industry notorious for secrecy. Encircled is proudly 100% sweatshop-free and makes all of their clothing locally in Toronto, Canada using fairly paid labour.